Women with early cervical cancers and pre-cancers usually have no symptom. Symptoms of cervical cancer appear only after the cancer has reached an advanced stage.
Symptoms may be:
- Irregular, inter-menstrual (between periods)
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding after sexual intercourse
- Irregular bleeding after menopause
- Bleeding after douching, or after a pelvic exam
- Vaginal discomfort or odorous discharge from vagina, the discharge may contain some blood and may occur between periods or after menopause
- Pain during sex
- Back, Leg or Pelvic pain
- Fatigue, Weight loss, loss of appetite
- A single swollen leg.
According to research these signs are not specific and may be present in other conditions as well. But still it is advised to consult health care professional at earliest. More severe symptoms may develop at advanced stages of cervical cancer.